Principles for Professional Growth
The Principles for effective professional growth are the ‘why’ or the reasons for engaging in ongoing professional learning. As a progressive learning organization, we are committed to improving learning and believe:
- professional learning and practices are supported by (critical reflection of) research and data.
- effective professional growth is supported by site based collaboration aligned with division and provincial priorities.
- effective professional learning includes innovative practices to enhance knowledge, skills, attributes and competencies.
- professional growth is individualized, generative and focused on improved practice.
- in high quality professional growth and transformational change leading to school and system improvement.
- professional learning is job embedded and includes opportunities for collaboration.
- through continued growth inquiry based learning supports staff to engage in individual and shared responsibility to further professional growth.
- organizational learning is ongoing, collaborative, supported and fully integrated into Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools’ culture.